PLC Bits Numbers and Position

gclshortt

Here is a recent blog that I would like to share...

People often ask "What is a PLC?" and "PLC Meaning". A programmable logic controller (PLC) is a piece of hardware that isolates inputs from outputs. Programs are written to look at the inputs solve logic and set the outputs to perform work. Today we are going to look at the basic fundamental way we program. Every PLC company will do this...

Everything in the programmable logic controller actually boils down to bits in the memory.It is these bits that we manipulate in order to accomplish the work that we need done by the PLC. The instruction set is the method we use to do this. In general, there are several ways to view the bits. Discrete input and output, Numbers and Position of bits will be covered. Understanding the different ways in which we can view these bits will help in developing programs.

Read the rest of the blog...

Watch on YouTube: PLC Bits Numbers and Position

Let me know what you think.
Thank you,

Memory Bits-min.png