Trending

gusterminator

Hi guys,

I am working on a trend to compare the amperage of two different chain motors. The original trend has a pen that shows the amperage of the one chain. I added another pen of the other chain motor amperage and it doesn't show up on my screen. I was wondering if I had to add the tag for the second motor amperage to the historical data server. What ever I do the second pen won't show up on the log screen.
any input greatly appreciated.

Thanks

It might help someone help you if you could tell the forum what software package you are using.

Yes....sorry about that. We are using Factory Talk View Studio 7.00.00 Build 13 for building the HMI's and Studio SE at the Clients. We are also using Historian.

I figured out how to make the trend show up. Under the General settings tab for the pen I changed the Data Server to Real time data server. It was previously set to Poll historian data.
I now have to figure out how to add my new tag to the historian server.

It's been a while since working with FT but look at the trend properties and I think it will be pointing to a DataLog. You will have to add that tag to the DataLog. If this is the case, you will have to stop and restart the logging but this can be done using the command line DataLog Off and then DataLog On.

HTH

Thanks Bob,
I haven't done much command line with Rockwell software. Do you think I would be able to edit the Data log with the Administration Console? Where would I find the command line Console? are you talking about CMD in windows?

The DataLog edit and Command Line are both in FT Studio. Command Line is in the system folder up towards the top on the left hand side in studio.

One other problem I'm having trouble with is I have an icon on the main screen, when clicked it open's up the trend page. I can't find where to change which page it opens when it is clicked.
I have looked everywhere.

Again, its been a while working with FT Studio but double click the button which may have that icon set as its image and have a look around. If its not a button, it may have touch animation associated with it and if that the case, right click and have a look at the option. All this is done in studio.

HTH