panelview1000

Hello once again.... I am a Wiz with RSView32 and EZ automation. So along comes the salesman .....

Factory Talk Me 8.00 Bar Graph / Gauges, Has no one on the Allen Bradley side ever used gauges that go both ways such as -150% to +150%. The Gauge works great from 0 -100% but I cannot find any instruction that EASILY insets the -100% such as the MOTOR TORQUE it goes both ways yet there is no Bar Graph and that cheapish looking Gauge should be buried in the back yard

If i am missing something please let me know as of now i do not know why i bought these expensive touchscreens and software

This Gauge will work but seriously at $ 1500 for the software this is the best AB can come up with ? EZ Automation does a whole lot better. The issue is not with the cheap looking guage its ith the bar graph I had to create two bar graphs and then isolate the positive and negative values inside the PLC. If the value is less than 0 it is negative if the value is greater than zero then it is positive. This is really "stupid" programming as now I have two registers running a positive or negative bar graph. I did finally figure it out but not really a great way of doing something that should be simple. PS the graph in RSVIEW32 works a lot better

Sounds like Panelview Plus and not Panelview (Panelbuilder32).

I just tried something and it seems to work. With vertical bars there is no built in "gauge", you just use draw a rectangle and use the vertical fill animation. Did that not work for you? I created a memory tag from -100 to 100 and the vertical fill worked just fine.

Tried that figured it was easier to do this inside the PLC, Panelview Plus is not RSView32, It looks the same but its different. Used two bar graphs and made the decision within the PLC

Bargraph.jpg

not sure what the red bar is indicating in your example but typically 0 is in the middle and the bar will move away from the zero mark indicating negative or positive torque, so your fill shows what ?? maybe an inverse of what needs to be displayed.

The only way I got something acceptable would be to query the torque value, if the value is greater than 0 then multiply by +1 and move into TAG: pos_torq. If the value is less than 0 then multiply by -1 and move into TAG: neg_torq. Then use two bar graphs and stack them on top of each other one graph goes from bottom to top the other goes from top to bottom. Now each time the value changes from positive to negative as in Motoring to Regenerating the graph shows the proper swing of the value.

In Easy Automation software this is done already for you and very simple to use. See attached picture.

EZGAUGE.png.jpg

Graphing

The two are working examples of +125% and -145% Torque displays note the coloring indicating something is wrong (red) and safe (green) and caution (Yellow)

graph.jpg graph125.jpg

The two are working examples of +125% and -145% Torque displays note the coloring indicating something is wrong (red) and safe (green) and caution (Yellow)

graph.jpg graph125.jpg

Here, there are 2 differents examples using only one analog tag (range from -150 to +150), no offsets:

• A simple object (a cross) with vertical animation.
  • A horizontal bar.

bar1.PNG

Well, l misunderstood OP as well. Op want a bar that fills in from the center and that makes sense for something like a motor torque where offset from 0 is what counts. The best I can do with what I know is with a slider bar using vertical animation like this. Not making excuse for PV but having mess with so many different package over the years, there's always some niche thing that one HMI doesn't do as well as others.

Here's my latest try with one tag using vertical position:

PV2.png

This was not ment to demonstrate one is better than another, Its my second kick at the factory talk "can" and I am not impressed. What was easy in RSView32 is not possible in Factorytalk.