ActiveX control for AB SLC 5/05

doggah

Hi,

I want to write a Visual Basic program that is capable to receive and send information from and to AB SLC 5/05 via ethernet. What ActiveX control do you recommend me to use?

Thanks

Is the enthernet ActiveX Control all I need to send and receive information to the PLC using Visual Basic?

Thanks

Ethernet

Thats all you need, the calls from the VB app to the 505 are fairly simple. Add the component to your project and drop it on your form. They have real good examples you can look at.
Here is an example using Automated Solutions.

Private Sub Command1_Click()
If Asabtcp1.Busy = False Then
Asabtcp1.Function = FUNC_AB_SLC500_READ_WORD
Asabtcp1.MemStart = "N9:0"
Asabtcp1.NodeAddress = SLCAddress
Asabtcp1.MemQty = 10
Asabtcp1.Refresh
End If
End Sub

Private Sub ASABTCP65_Complete(ByVal nResult As Integer)
If nResult <> 0 then
MsgBox "Error:" & hex(nResult)
Exit Sub
End if

Label1 = Asabtcp1.DataWord(0)
Label2 = Asabtcp1.DataWord(1)

End sub