B&R Automation HMI Software???

Elijah58

Guys,
I have (1) B&R HMI model 4PP065.0571-X74, from what I understand is that I need Automation Studio to be able to program it. My dilemma is I only need to add a small counter to the HMI but don't want to spend probably thousands to buy this software when I will probably never need it again. Does anyone have any info on a lite or trial version that would allow this change. I had never heard of this manufacturer before, so don't know very much about them.
Thanks for any help you can give,
Eli

They may send you a 30 day trial on a CD, or if you know someone with the install file you can just install it for a 30 day trial, but you can't download it anymore without a valid serial number. You can also purchase a maintenance version (which can do everything but make a new project) for whole lot less than a full license (price varies, but as a one off, you'd probably have to pay list).

The issue then becomes finding the project code. While you can store the source on the PLC, this isn't the default, so a lot of people don't do it. You would probably have a lot easier time going to the OEM and asking them to put a counter on the HMI for you instead of trying to get your hands on their source code, get AS installed, and then figure out on your own how to connect and whatnot.

FYI, B&R US is headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, and they have partners in Duluth, GA (Piedmont Automation) and Greensboro, NC (iAutomation), all of which might help you out. There are also other integrators around that could help you, B&R is a lot bigger in the US than people seem to think.