'HTML5' Touch Screen

sbaum

Looking for recommendations and experience on HTML5 Touch Screens.

I particular I've been looking at Phoenix Contact's 'WebPanel'. It is running Linux with Midori browser.

I have a IIOT project coming up where this would work well. I need to locally (on control panel) display the HTML5 webpage from a controller. I could use a PC, but a local touch screen is much preferred.

A few searches haven't brought up any competitive products. Obviously this mustn't be a common setup, but thought maybe one of you have done it and would like to share feedback on the experience.

I think if you search for industrial Thin Clients, you'll find a lot of devices with similar capability. I know I worked on a project where we used touchscreen Thin Clients from Siemens to display a web page hosted on an S7-300.

As a side topic, what constitutes an Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) project? Using Ethernet?

Yes will continue my search in that area. Many of those are running Win CE or Embedded. The Phoenix product I mentioned is much more lean.

I referenced IIOT because the focus of this project is providing remote connectivity & monitoring across multiple (mobile included) platforms to the site. The display I am looking for will be a local interface for that content.