ZLP Conveyor Logic

markymark31

Morning All,

Does anyone have any simple logic for a ZLP (Zero Line Pressure) Conveyor ?

This is basically a roller conveyor split into 1200mm long "zones" and the products are passed from zone to zone, only running the necessary zones as required. This allows for products to accumulate along the conveyor length without crashing into each other.

I've had a go (see attached pdf of my Siemens FB) and it works ok, just wondering if there is a better way of doing it ?

I think there are various ways the accumulation can work for example "train" which is what i have done where products move along the conveyor without stopping until they get to the last free zone, or where the products stop and start as they won't move into the next zone until it is completely empty.

I've tried "jam" detection to stop the zone running all the time in case of a blockage but that is disabled at the moment.

The pecs need timers to ensure that the zone continues to run once it is triggered to ensure that the product makes it to the end of the zone where the pec is located before it stops.

Any thoughts or advice are all welcome ?

Thank you,

Mark