Micro820 Modbus TCP move data from an array

markw

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Guys
I have completed a couple of applications with the Micro820 from AB so I thought I would use one for an automated test system.
I have a Micro820 and connecting via Ethernet to a MODBUS TCP server.
The Micro820 is running FW V8 and I am using CCW V8.0
I am using the standard MSG_ MODBUS2 function.
The communications is working fine and my data is being displayed in my “localaddress_read” array.
My issue is that I want to take word 1 and word 2 from the “localaddress_read” array (see screen shot) and put it into a “real” variable as the value from the server is a real data type.
I have already tried to use the COP function but I believe because my source is an array my destination needs to be an array.
This PLC is new to me and it does seem like an easy question but my searches on the forum haven’t come up with anything.
I hope someone can guide me,
Many thanks.

table.jpg

I am guessing that your data type is an integer.
try a MOV from int to real.

eg mov localaddress_read(0) realtag.

HI Robo77
Thanks very much for the response.
As I am trying to move 2 words into a real data tag which is also 2 words the MOV instruction only moves the first word.

Or am I missing something.

Mark

Problem solved

HI Guys
I finally got my issue sorted.
The COP function does not work like the Logix family of controllers, making extra work i'm afraid.

To move the two word elements from the array "Localdata_read[1] and Localdata_read[1] you have to convert the values and in my case combine the values to create a "real" data type.

Anyway I have put the function block below which you can load in to CCW.

I confess Rockwell support pointed me to this work around which can be found on their support site.

Thank you all for your input.
MarkW

Mark, thank you for sharing this. I've been scratching my head all day trying to combine 2 16 bit words from a power meter.
Only my 3rd day playing around with the Micro820, and so far I'm impressed. Quite a bit different, but very powerful for the price, and I see the community turning this product into something incredible!

When I download the zip and start to extract it tell me it is an Invalid File.

I have downloaded several times all the same.

You need to right click on the controller and select import, then browse to the zip file. It is not a Windows extractable zip file it is a connected component specific format

HI Glasiuta

I agree, i'm very impressed with the ease of use and functionality of the Micro820. As mainly a Siemens user it's nice to be able to pick something up and get it working without endless reading.

Markw

Problem solved

HI Guys
The COP function does not work like the Logix family of controllers, making extra work i'm afraid.

To move the two word elements from the array "Localdata_read[1] and Localdata_read[1] you have to convert the values and in my case combine the values to create a "real" data type.

I confess Rockwell support pointed me to this work around which can be found on their support site.

MarkW

Problem solved

HI Guys

MarkW
Can you share function block file to me.

Problem solved

HI Guys

MarkW
Where can I get this file? I found a link to one on their website but it was only for version 20. I am using 12.