MVM and STOD in Logix5000?

wendaiyu

Hi, folks, how’s going?
On our one production line, we use AB Logix5000 as main plc and others as slaves.

We name slave plc program as “NEW_MUSTANG”, then send this name to Logix5000.

(plz check the attachment), I am confused about Logix5000 program:
1, in the first “MVM”, why the “Source” is 17742 and the “Dest” is N?
2, in the second “MVM”, why the “Source” is 24407 and the “Dest” is W? not M?
3, in “STOD”, why the value of “Dest” (N15[0]) is 0?
4, if we want to move/transfer “23” to N15[0] when we are running “NEW_MUSTANG” program, how can we program? Chang “NEW_MUSTANG” to “2NEW_3MUSTANG”?

Thanks a lot.

New_Mustang.jpg

I will try to explain
First the 17742ins not the source it is the value stored in the source
the same for the 24407 and the N and W they are all the values in the tag
it looks like the tags are all char type or string types I can't quite make it out
follow the line source_____ Mask______ Dest___
I hope this helps
other may be able to better explain it.

Sorry, my bad. I checked other program names and found if we change "NEW_MUSTANG" to "203-NEW-MUSTANG", then we can get value 23 and the problem will be fixed.

Thanks for help.