S7 1200 first application software version

plc-girl

I am about to start my first application with a 1212C CPU.

In the manual it is stated that we need to use STEP 7 V11, all I have is STEP 7 V5.5 and TIA Portal V 13 - can I use TIA?

Thanks!

you have to use TIA as far as I know. V13 should work perfectly.

Just realized

So by TIA I think they mean all of their automation software, as a totally inclusive package.

The individual component for the programming is still referred to as Step 7, but its V11 or V13 in your case.

I would upgrade the TIA v13 to v13SP1 (update 5).
Much more stable software.
I believe that update 7 is out but 5 has worked for me without an issue so far.
You can download the SP and the updates from the Siemens site.
Warning: if you decide ti go to SP1, any software you have for v13, needs to be upgraded to SP1 (Integrated safety, etc).
If you don't upgrade each package/software, your TIA v13 SP1 won't even start, read the notes.