Submersible xmtr

GregPLC

Just an FYI, over the last year or so, we have installed several submersible pressure transmitters, to control/indicate level in certain applications.

It's a mode of instrumentation that I've only recently started using. I don't want to promote the manufacturer, but I can say we've been happy with the submersibles installed thus far. Anyone else use them? I'm using them in a couple sump level, brine tank level, and RO water level applications....What applications have other people used them in?

Greg

level probes

We use Amatec level probes a lot in the carpet and textile industry to measure the volume of the chemical or dye tanks.

I've had good luck with Keller PSI units in digesters and sewage wet wells - nasty applications. You just have to make sure that teh selected device has a membrane or diaphragm to isolate the sensing system from the process fluid. I prefer this device to ultrasonics because I've had better reliability.

I've had some bad luck with submersible probes in locations that are prone to lighting strikes nearby, even when using lightning protection. In these cases I have gone to ultrasonic level measurement with good success.

We use them in our wells to track draw downs hourly and also in our resevoir for automatic shut down of pumps at night. no more early morning calls and runs to the plant to shut off pumps! :D :D