Pide fb

macstorm

Hi friends,
Today I started to work with PIDE block in studio 5000. Im using controllogix PLC AB.
1. I have connected the analoginput (physical) to Process variable of PIDE blk.
2. I have connected the analogoutput (physical) to CVEU.
3. Then I gave set point to SP= 5.
4. When i turn my input, it is displaying but there is no change in output. It shows only 0.0 i.e. CVEU=0.0..
5. Further I couldnt get into auto mode.

What may be the problem??

first make sure that you're "scanning/executing" the Routine where the PIDE is located ... do you have a JSR (etc.) to "CALL" the FBD sheet into operation? ...

if you need more help than this, you should post your ENTIRE project file (.ACD extension) ...

I dont have JSR in my program. I have developed the program in sheet and executed it. I will post the program by tomorrow.

Today I started to work with PIDE block in studio 5000.

quick question: why? ...

are you "just trying to learn?" (which is perfectly OK) ... or are you working on an actual real-world project? ...

and do you already have any experience with "regular" PID control? ... (as in a Ladder Diagram program) ...

basic idea: PIDE has a LOT of extra bells and whistles to fiddle around with ... if you're just starting to work with PID then I sincerely recommend that you start with PID first - and THEN start working with the PIDE instruction ...

we look forward to seeing your ACD project file (you'll have to zip it before you post it - forum rule) ...