symax to compactlogix

ygnm

ok guys i know i have been blowing this forum up a lot here lately but i am venturing into some unknown waters for me. ok the situation is i have a compactlogix that i need to read some info from a symax processor. they are both on ethernet (symax through a digi iap). my question is can i set up a read message to read that data with the compactlogix through the digi or do i need to use some other data server in the middle? i am currently doing so through wonderware because it used to be just two symax processors and i couldnt figure out how to make them talk to each other. once crapped out and has been replaced with a compactlogix now so i thought that i may be able to do this data transfer directly instead of through wonderware (which normally isnt an issue but certain people think that if the computer slows down for a few minutes they need to reboot it and that causes a well to shut in). any info anybody can offer will be much appreciated.

i dont have it in front of me right now because its on a different platform but i believe it is a 400. i have set up address for it in wonderware before and it uses the "sXXXX" style addressing if that helps

If you are against doing it in wonderware, I would talk to these guys. They used to make an epe 5 card that fits in the symax rack that would convert symx to modbus tcp.

http://www.niobrara.com/

also, the red lion datastation shows having a symax driver, but you would have to verify if it would work for your plc model. it says symax, but that stuff is so old who knows.

No I dont believe so. I dont think the digi supports the symax protocol.

The datastations are cheap, work well and are designed to push/pull data between devices. I would give red lion a call and see if they think it will work with your processor.

I know the epe 5 will work, but it will be much more expensive.