Red Lion DSPLE Tag Data Logging

Hello All,

I'm investigating a Red Lion DSPLE setup that facilitates communication between an Allen Bradley PLC (ethernet) and CNC controller (raw serial). I would like to obtain the values of the Allen Bradley PLC tag data using a computer (in the future, I would like to use a microcontroller), and push the data to a website.

It appears that the recommended way to do this is to use the web server feature. If I were to use the web server feature, I would use my computer to access the local web server and then push the data to a cloud. However, I'm trying to see what other options I have other than the web server. Someone suggested that I try to have my PC act as a Modbus device, but I'm not entirely sure how to do that.

My project is still in the ideation stage, so any input would be great. Thanks!