Anyone using OpenAPC?

I'd never heard of it until now. I'm generally a big supporter of open source software, but Archie is right, it doesn't support most of the major PLC platforms. You could probably communicate to most of them with the Modbus driver, but that isn't native support and would be missing a lot of important features (like run/stop status or diagnostics).

It doesn't even list support for OPC, which is the most common data interchange format I see these days.

Similar Topics

I'm virtualizing a water treatment plant. While the IT hardware cycle is 3-5 years, to my mind that's really not practical for this kind of...
Replies
Views
Hello PLCs.NET! I'm trying to auto-backup some RSNetworx files. Any idea if it's possible at all? I honestly thought that it was just an...
Replies
Views
We are looking to collect information on our cisco and rockwell assets. The exhaustive list that cyber security is asking for .. serial number...
Replies
Views
Going to a free training class on Tuesday. Just wondering if anyone is using this. Pros? Cons?
Replies
Views
I am doing a bit of research before the next project hits. For what I am finding to looks like you *should* be able to set up a multidrop HART...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom