Looking for opinions: Wave Guided Radar

vega has been pretty decent. I have also used k-tek which is owned by abb now. they were deent. I had bad luck with rosemount, but one of my buddies has continued to use them and said they have worked out the kinks.

I recommend either E&H or Rosemont. E&H will be a little cheaper. Manual is a little more dificult, but both are excellent products.

We have just started changing a lot of out instruments out to IFM.

Great instruments at a great price.

And there website is easy to use, for fittings and accessories.

Cheers

Mark

I like Vega. I don't know about their GWR, but I know on their clear air radar the diagnostic features are unsurpassed.

The unit internally can store time/date stamped event log (which will record when power was lost, or when it lost an echo), a trend (which can store 90 days of circular data), and can even internally store 10 echo curves (saved on event like loss of echo, or at a prescribed level). Data can be retrieved by plugging directly into the unit itself, or remotely over much slower HART communication.

Being able to pull a trend and event log from the electronics unit can prove it was not a bad connection, because the trend matches the SCADA trend. Being able to pull echo curves can show that product is bridging or ratholing, and it's not a radar problem.

I have also found their pre and post sales support good. They've bent over backwards to help us with our application.

Granted this was for a very difficult bulk solid application, and a water application should be more straight forward, troubleshooting aids are always good down the road.

+1 for Vega. We've got them everywhere sensing viscous fluids, agitated slurries covered in aerated foam, diesel, polymers. The support in Melbourne is excellent for any Aussie blokes reading

I've had reasonably good success with Vega. Keep in mind that some products, such as cement, will build up on the wire and performance will suffer.

Siemens Milltronics have a non guided radar (Sitrans SR560) that works well.