Modicon Concept V26 variable question

jimdi4

Is there a way to drag and drop an address already used in a program to a new device...

For example...

I have an ouput coil that has an address tag called "start",

I add a normally open contact to latch the "start" coil, so instead of opening the variable list to find "start" which is way at the end of the variable list, can I just click on the "start" tag on the output coil and drag and drop onto the normally open contact? :rolleyes:

Clarification

There is no ability to drag and drop variable names, in Concept v2.6.

When looking up existing variables, about the only choice you have, is to use the filter option to restrict your search.

I like use the editing powers of Windows. I double click on the coil (which brings up the variable selection options) and copy the highlighted variable name. Then I go to the new contact and paste the name. I prefer the keyboard commands over mouse clicks and moves.

Lazy engineer

tag: probe_out_max
Your way is 13 key strokes
My way is 5 keystrokes, and I avoid dyslexia my.

I very rarely use more than 8 letters in any names or tags.

I meant why not just type "Start" then Enter. 6 strokes...

See I use copy and paste in Concept but fot variables names only not for complete block although I will make copy of them before they are all connected when there common I/Os are typed in. Then I complete there configuration.

I guess I'm not a mouser. In fact I'd get rid of it if I could :)

Like in all the HMI I build, I have this rule of 3 touches or clicks. If the operator cannot get to where he wants to go in 3 clicks or less then I'm not doig my job right. Guess this cannot apply to Windows apps. šŸ™ƒ