Siemens KPT900F Runtime Close

Skittles435

Hi Guys

This might sound like a stupid question but I just need help on closing the Siemens KPT900F runtime. Any idea on how to do it if you forgot to put in a Close Runtime button on your HMI program :D

Thanks so much in advance.

Start the panel and wait for the boot menu, the there are 3 options or so. One of them is to go into the Windows CE environment.

Problem is I have started the panel and uploaded an HMI program to it (Without the exit runtime button).

It is the portable HMI model that has no direct power into it self. Pretty sure its a battery backup keeping it alive so can't exit my runtime via the panel it self.

Usually it will switch to transfer mode automatically if you try to download while it is in runtime (unless you disable remote control). Just add the button in your project and re-download.

I have put in a technical support request to Siemens on that one. I just did the same thing...

I take it it tells you the device is busy or not in transfer mode when you try to download?

Right, solved for me :)

If you don't connect the panel properly, and the box ID isn't read and the application crashes. Which may be a way into transfer if you need it. You might also be able to get in using USB keyboard and the windows key, if task switching is not locked.

Once you can get to the control panel, the HMI is most likely setup to auto start the application, which will cause you to be unable to get the transfer button during startup. The other option is that transfer is turned off.

You can change this in: Control Panel and then Transfer. I suggest 5 seconds.