FTView ME

sparkie

Lifetime Supporting Member
Is there any way to go from a .mer file to a .apa file? I can get the apa file if I need to, but if there is a way to "decompile" myself I would like to.

I think:

In Factory Talk View:

Tools-->Application Manager-->Restore Runtime Application

Then select your .mer file.

Note that I think this will *not* work if the mer was created with the "never allow conversion" box checked.

Yes that is it. From what I have read you need version 8.0 or higher to do this though. I should have searched the forums before I opened my big mouth :p

No, the feature to "reconstruct" the project file from a .mer file was added in ver. 5.1. And only if allow conversion is checked.

Similar Topics

Hello, I am fairly experienced programming and modifying existing FTView ME programs. I have also used FTView SE to make modifications to a...
Replies
Views
Hi folks. I have a system that I'm working on that needs 2 alarms banners with different event subscription: - One banner for a specific area...
Replies
Views
Hello guys please I want experience with this I am currently working on a scada project using FTView SE and I have an Ethernet IP local area...
Replies
Views
I am creating a global object in FTView SE 13. I want to have a string read from the PLC and display (in this case the tagname). So lets say...
Replies
Views
I want to set user security level based on the value of a tag in my PLC called "ActiveUser". That tag will contain the A-P code which we use for...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom