CompactLogixSDCard

gbradley

Lifetime Supporting Member
1769-L30ERM
Behind the door is an SD Card slot and Card
Is there a way to upload a program from the SD Card to the PLC?
With the Micrologix 1400, I can use the front keypad and upload the stored program using 1766-MM1
Maybe on PowerUp, but will it be OK if the SD card is not in the slot, because I don't want to always upload the program from the SD card, only when I want to.

CompacLogix_L36ERM.png

Double click on your controller at the top of the Controller Organizer window. Select the Nonvolatile Memory tab and follow the prompts. You'll need to be online in program mode.

From the controller organizer you will need to go to the non-volatile memory tab. Select processor mode as run (the mode to enter after loading) and load at power up. Select anything else will not load a program and return to run mode, when a project already exists in the controller.

Then save the project to non-volatile. If you use ADC there will be an option to upload the firmware for your connected devices also.

If I have setpoint at F8(5) at 3.14159, and I save the program to SD card.
The next day, I change F8(5) to 1.41421.
Now when I Cycle power, and the PLC comes back up, is F8(5) value going to be 3.14159 again?

What I am hoping to do is save a program where I know all values and settings are legitimate.
Now when, or if the operator messes things up and gets things way out of wack, or there is some kind of Fault, I want to be able to put the SD card in the slot, cycle power, and then all of the settings are back to normal again.
Now I hope to take the SD card out, so that on a normal power cycle the settings stay right where they were on power down.

There is a Folder in the standard SD Card Named Logix
Is it important that all of the folders remain in this configuration?
Does TEMP stand for Temperature or Temporary?
There is a small file buried Logix\6084B8F5\Logs\V30_11\6084B8F5.crt
Is this important?

SDFolderContents.JPG

Back
Top Bottom