Finding IP on Panelview plus 1250

Saavedra

Good evening.

I´m trying to find the IP address of a panelview plus 1250, tried resseting it, the problem is it auto-runs when powered down and there is no button to shutdown the application. Is there a way to not make it autorun in order to see it´s IP address, or an alternate way to find it out?

For the time, thanks.

Mario A. Saavedra

Well my IP driver was a bust in your last post lets see if I can give you something more useful for the PV.

2 ways you can try.

Power down the PV and then turn it back on, when it is booting up look for a white dot (or square)to appear in one of the corners of the PV, if it does push it and this should take you to the Config screen.

Some versions did not have this and if you are lucky enough that yours does not then.......

Plug in a keypad to the usb slot on the PV then mash the Shift-CTRL-Alt and Windows keys all 4 at the same time.

This should take you into the config screen.

BCS

Your Welcome,

So now if the PV and PLC are in the same IP range then you should be able to set the static IP on your PC to the same range and NOW use the EthernetIP driver to find the IP address for your PLC.

Good Luck,
BCS

You can also make a autorun.bat file on the root of a USB drive and plug it into the PV. Put this line in the bat file:
ipconfig > "USB Storage\ipconfig.txt"

It will create a text file of all of the IP configurations.