PanelView Plus 1250 Firmware version 5.10.06.09

Saavedra

So I´ve been programming a compactlogix for awhile, made an application in a factorytalk view studio machine edition version 5.10.00, and tested it on test display and ME station, and worked perfectly fine.

However, when I try to run it on the PV, it only displays error messages on the indicators, and the PB don´t work as well, which is strange since the communications should be the same as I selected to copy them to runtime.

Any idea(s) of why this is happening?

Thanks and regards.

Hi

1: did you try to go online to the plc from the cable that is connected to the panel view to rule out that
2:When you created your path did you press the copy to runtime button

Donnchadh

1. I have 2 ethernet cables connected to the compact logix, 1 from the PC, the other one to the PV.
2. Yes, I did press ¨copy to runtime¨.

Another interesting note is that the error message when I press a PB does recognize the state of the outputs, but doesn´t change them; for example, if a PB would change from 0 to 1 an output, the error message does recognize that it couldn´t change it to 1 (problem writing value ´1´ to item).

... Another interesting note is that the error message when I press a PB does recognize the state of the outputs, but doesn´t change them; for example, if a PB would change from 0 to 1 an output, the error message does recognize that it couldn´t change it to 1 (problem writing value ´1´ to item).
That's the typical message you get when there's a communication problem (bad shorcut configuration or cable/switch problem).

Try creating the communication configuration on FTVME from zero. Sometimes is better go directly to the runtime tab instead of copying the shorcut from the design tab.

Are you using patch cord or cross-over cables? Did you try swapping the PV and PC cables?

I still can´t figure this one out. Two interesting notes that I note while programming this:

* I can´t get the factorytalk version 5.10 to see the tags of the comapctlogix after i create the communication setup. I copy paste them from a factory talk version 7.0 that does see them, and the application worked on the ME station and test mode on FT, but doesn´t work on the PV.

* When creating the runtime file, the next message apears:

¨*** Start RSLinx Enterprise Conversion Messages ***

WARNING: Unsupported device detected. Shortcut name = "L30ER". Device name = "Demo2". Description: The system has detected that a device type that was not supported in the requested version is referenced by a shortcut. If the system upon which this project is to be run has received a patch that adds support for this device type, then this situation will not cause any problems. Otherwise runtime errors will be detected and logged by the target system when it attempts to communicate to that device.

*** End RSLinx Enterprise Conversion Messages ***

Validation completed with warnings. The runtime application has been created.
CAUTION: Running this application might produce errors at runtime.

Any ideas at how to fix this?

thanks.

What model/firmware PLC is the offending shortcut configured to, and what version of FTView are you using for the development? I suspect that's where your problem lies. Check out this thread from a few weeks back - looks like the exact same error message. Have a look at my last post - long story short you may have to flash the firmware in your PVP.

I ran into a similar issue a while ago too. Using Factorytalk 5.10, I had built an application that mostly communicated with a SLC 500. There were several functions that had to communicate with the L72 CLX we have. I couldn't get it to communicate with the CLX until I flashed the firmware on the PVP to the last revision of 5.10.**
I still get a warning everytime a new application is compiled.

the newest version for panelview plus is 5.10.11.09 i haven't found anything it won't communicate yet. It will occasionally give you a warning for a newer processor but still works.

the newest version for panelview plus is 5.10.11.09 i haven't found anything it won't communicate yet. It will occasionally give you a warning for a newer processor but still works.

Panelviewplus 1250 is version 5.10.06.09
Compactlogix is revision 20.013

I still can´t communicate them. I should upgrade the PVP1250 to the version you are stating, how can I do that?