Fuji NJ PLCs

chadthede1

We have encountered some old Fuji NJ PLCs connected with an NP Link network. Our plan is to replace them all with ControlLogix. If we need to do it in phases we need to remove one or more Fujis from the network and replace it with our ControlLogix with a communication bridge. I am pretty confident the bridge will work but am a little concerned with what may happen when one or more of the Fujis is removed from the network. I just want to ask anyone who has seen the Fuji NP Link or NJ PLCs if there is anything I might be missing. I think the Fujis are kind of dumb and won't even notice if another is missing from the network, unless there is a "heartbeat" of some kind in the logic. My bridge and converted logix program would take care of that. Has anyone ever done this?