Ffl rs500

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
Reading through some of the old posts on FFL-FFU instructions I am led to believe I do not need to have the FFU present and the data will simply fall off the end as new data is entered int the stack if the stack is full. Is this correct.
I was planning to use this instruction in in 2 separate scenarios (I have used FFL-FFU successfully in the past)

Scenario-1 Upon completion of a batch The actual data of each of the setpoints in the making of the batch (10) would each be transferred to there own FFL with a length of 20 so an HMI could go back and check the last 20 batches

Scenario-2 Data from temperature sensor (after scaling) would be sent to FFL
with a length of 10 where it could be averaged. (I know someone has a better way to do this ) I don't see a function block in RS500 to average
As alway:THANKS

No that's not correct you do need the FFU to unload and move the pointer but you can get away without the FFL load the data can be loaded and any point in the array
with a MOV command the FFL will move the pointer up one each time it go true at the top or max size it will stop loading the FFU always unloads the O pointer and moves everything down

THANKS
For scenario 1 I will try a series of copy files shifting the batch just made info (N7:130-N:148) with a COP and a length of 20 I will move each group of info
up one with successive COP instructions

For scenario 2 I will try to use a string of MOV instructions with the latest temp reading coming in and the others moving down with the oldest one going away, then add them all together and divide by 10
I have not tested, will try and run on emulate