low cost level transmitters

diat150

Lifetime Supporting Member
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with lower cost level transmitters? Doesnt matter the technology. ultrasonic, guided wave, float, whatever.

I see automation direct has a line called Flowline. the prices seem pretty decent $600-$900.

Omega has a similar looking product in the same price range.

I personally have had good luck with IFM efector sensors. They have a decent selection and awesome customer service.
They might have something for your application.

We use Automation Direct "ProSense" Submersible Pressure Sensor 4-20ma $314.00 they work perfect for measuring fluid levels in storage tanks.

+1 to AutomationDirect; I've used their products both at work and home. You also get great service from them.

My experience with the Flowsense from AD.... if the tank you are measuring level in has a flat bottom, then they will work fine. I had difficulty with tanks with a domed bottom in setting the low level. They kept losing the signal. I had better luck with Banner TX series sensors.

My experience with the Flowline from AD.... if the tank you are measuring level in has a flat bottom, then they will work fine. I had difficulty with tanks with a domed bottom in setting the low level. They kept losing the signal. I had better luck with Banner TX series sensors.

I personally have had horrible luck with Omega's flow sensors and level sensors. IMHO, they are junk and i refuse to purchase anything else omega.

I just in the last couple weeks acquired a Sick analog level transmitter with a range of 30-350mm.

It was a little under $500

I cant speak of its reliability/accuracy yet, but what little time I've spent with it, it seems ok.