Contactor Enable Issues

AdamRuck

Hi,

I have a kinetix 6200 integrated axis module that randomly decides to not close the "contactor enable" contacts, so naturally there is no motion power to the drive.

When it does this, it does not throw any faults in RSLogix. The only way that I've found to get the drive to close the "contactor enable" contacts is a full power cycle.

Has anyone ran into this before?

Regards,

Adam

Is it possible you have a rung farther down in the logic that is setting the bit back to a zero?

If you have utilizing any kind of OTE or OTL/OTU on the bit more than once this is likely your issue.

The contactor enable is not controlled by ladder logic.

It is an internally controlled contact that is the drive's way of protecting itself under certain fault conditions.

Is the drive showing any faults? Maybe it's not recovering correctly from one? We ran into a problem with heat in a panel causing the contactor enable to kick out.