Danfoss FC302 and Safety switch

userxyz

Hello,

At the company where I'm working for they have standard FB's for controlling FC302 drives.

When we do not have a signal to the PLC from the safety switch and we wan't to know if the safety switch is on...

The fault bit cannot be used because we want to sperate an alarm from the safety switch.

The drives are connected on profibus.

I have seen that Warning Word bit 15 = No Motor

I'm thinking to push the Warning Word to the PLC via PPO1 interface.

But for the No Motor Warning... I think the motor has to be in Flux or Vector for this, in V/F regulation the Motor is not checked I think ?

Is this correct ?

Thanks,
Combo

Last edited:
Hello,

At the company where I'm working for they have standard FB's for controlling FC302 drives.

When we do not have a signal to the PLC from the safety switch and we wan't to know if the safety switch is on...

The fault bit cannot be used because we want to sperate an alarm from the safety switch.

The drives are connected on profibus.

I have seen that Warning Word bit 15 = No Motor

I'm thinking to push the Warning Word to the PLC via PPO1 interface.

But for the No Motor Warning... I think the motor has to be in Flux or Vector for this, in V/F regulation the Motor is not checked I think ?

Is this correct ?

Thanks,
Combo
I can't answer for the Danfoss drives, but generally that would be true.

I have however seen a few drives that do now check the motor circuit, even if not using any form of vector control, i.e. V/Hz control. They don't use the motor circuit information for anything other than overload protection, but they are checking. So basically when the Run command is given, the drive turns on the output and begins watching current. If there is no (or below some minimum) current flow, it returns a fault or alarm.