Downloading file to Red Lion G315

phuz

I'm trying to send a new file to a G315 panel and I am getting ERROR: Memory Card is required for this operation.
I have never seen this before. I'm not doing anything that would require it, like datalogging, etc.

I've had the same thing just pop up, I would be interested to see if anyone has heard anything. By chance did you just recently install the development software? I'm wondering if its limited to a recent version.

Turns out it wouldn't download because firmware mismatch. So you need to have a memory card to do that. However, you can download over serial without the memory card. Explain to me how that makes sense.
Then, it gets stuck on block 1957 of firmware so I have to make the executive decision to power cycle it and start over. Luckily it worked, but I think Red Lion needs to catch up to the times.

Turns out it wouldn't download because firmware mismatch. So you need to have a memory card to do that. However, you can download over serial without the memory card. Explain to me how that makes sense.
Then, it gets stuck on block 1957 of firmware so I have to make the executive decision to power cycle it and start over. Luckily it worked, but I think Red Lion needs to catch up to the times.

FYI, this has always been the case. It is due to the way that Crimson downloads the firmware over Ethernet.