Jokab Pluto Safety PLC integreation

khelza

I have (2) existing machines that I am integrating together with a robot loader/unloader.

Each machine has it's own RT9 safety relay which:
1. has two estops in series into the monitoring channels
2. has an estop and gate switch in series into the monitoring channels
(Yes, shouldn't put safety devices in series - not my design)

I will be integrating the S46 safety PLC but I am unsure how to tie the machines in:
- have relays coming out of the 14 and 24 (power out of K1 and K2 of RT9) with the contacts of those relays going into the Pluto
- or scrap the RT9s and have all safety devices direct wired into Pluto safety PLC
- or ?

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Jokab has pretty good service. Every time I have called them they gave me straight scoop 1st time.
We used them at Cintas for the wash alley. Each had a gate switch as an estop and a machine estop. We did not use the R9.

I have (2) existing machines that I am integrating together with a robot loader/unloader.

Each machine has it's own RT9 safety relay which:
1. has two estops in series into the monitoring channels
2. has an estop and gate switch in series into the monitoring channels
(Yes, shouldn't put safety devices in series - not my design)

I will be integrating the S46 safety PLC but I am unsure how to tie the machines in:
- have relays coming out of the 14 and 24 (power out of K1 and K2 of RT9) with the contacts of those relays going into the Pluto
- or scrap the RT9s and have all safety devices direct wired into Pluto safety PLC
- or ?

Any suggestions will be appreciated!
This will be your choice and from a technical point either will work.
If you have enough Safe Inputs on your Pluto I would get rid of the RT9s and bring everything into Pluto, you may need to add some Tinas too.
As suggested call ABB - Jocab (888) 282-2123 for their recommendations too.

Thanks for your input guys!

I ended up scrapping the two RT9s and putting all safety inputs to the S46 - might as well with all the IO the S46 provides.

Haven't done any programming for it yet, but so far, looks like it won't be too difficult.