RS Logix 500 Versions

naidanac

Hello, folks. New to the forum. Great community you have here!

I am currently working an project that involves an old .RSS and .PVA file - the client wants to upgrade their system.

My foundation is in Schneider products and just getting started on Rockwell.

For the .RSS, do we need the exact RS Logix 500 version it was coded in?
If so, how would we be able to decipher it from the .RSS file?
It contains this block of text:
Document=RSLogix_500_Project/&H00000000
Name="VBALogixProject"
HelpContextID="0"
VersionCompatible32="393222000"
CMG="292BD42CD82CD82CD82CD8"
DPB="5250AF64D965D965D9"
GC="7B79865FAE60AE6051"

As for the .PVA file, will we need Panelbuilder or PanelView?
As well, how would we be able to determine the version we need to open the file?

Thank you so much in advance!

For the .RSS, you do not need the same version of software as the one the project was coded in. Some processors have additional features and require newer versions of the software, but as long as you have a fairly recent version, you should go good for any project.

A .PVA file is for the standard Panelview hardware (Which is different from newer Panelview+ models) and requires the Panelbuilder32 software to view and edit.

For the .RSS, you do not need the same version of software as the one the project was coded in. Some processors have additional features and require newer versions of the software, but as long as you have a fairly recent version, you should go good for any project.

A .PVA file is for the standard Panelview hardware (Which is different from newer Panelview+ models) and requires the Panelbuilder32 software to view and edit.

Thank you so much for your help!

The new version of slc 500 will work.

With the panelbuilder software, there are 2 versions however.
the latest version 3.83.01 will not open the oldest type of pva files (at least I have never had any success). You might be able to download the file to the pc (I did finally get it to read the file).
you will need to see your distributor for that or have Rockwell convert it for you. Might get someone on the forum to do it.

regards,
james