Load Cell Excitation Power Supply

Peter Laing

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a precision 10v or 12v power supply for load cell excitation. It can be either a 120/220VAC input / 10VDC out power supply or a regulation module, 24v in / 10v out. UL/CSA is required if 120/220VAC. Needs long term and temperature range stability, preferably in the order of < 0.5%.

I could easily make up a DIY module, but DIY is not suitable for commercial applications.

Any ideas?

Thanks OkiePC,
We've been using RedLion IAMA signal conditioners to interface load cells to a 4-20mA plc input. The IAMAs are great, but they don't provide excitation. A generic 12V DC power supply is suitable in many cases, but not when precision is demanded. And I haven't had much luck in finding a precision supply. The MAGPOWER TSA that you mention looks like a good substitute for the IAMA. I'll look into it.

Thanks for all the responses guys. It looks to me like the Weidmueller is the best bet considering Cost/Performance for a transmitter with built in excitation. Still no luck on finding an independent precision 10V supply though.