siemens mpi usb adapter and Kepware opc server

malinda889

I connected s7 300 plc to pc via siemens mpi usb adapter.I used simentic manager and view the data.It is working with simetic manager.But i can not connect it with kepware server via kepware mpi driver.When i create the connection in kepware server it allways ask for com port.Because of i connect the plc via usb i can not find com port in device manager.If some one has faced this issue please reply me

Its been a while, but I seem to recall that the Kepware Siemens driver only work with Ethernet or the old RS-232->MPI/DP adapter. Not the USB adapter.

Its been a while, but I seem to recall that the Kepware Siemens driver only work with Ethernet or the old RS-232->MPI/DP adapter. Not the USB adapter.

Thanks mike it's really helpful.I also got the reply form kepware and they confirmed usb not supported yet.

I have s7 300 plc(without ethernet) and original seimens mpi/usb adapter.I want to connect plc to kepware server.

I heared that "Copy Cable" (Chinese version of siemens mpi/usb adapter) showing com port in Device Manager.So Is it possible to connect the kepwareserver server by using copy cable with seimens mpi driver?

Or can i convert my simens mpi/usb adapter to serial and connect to pc?