beckhoff bk2000

vmesrobi

Please help

We have a injection blow machine with a beckhoff bk2000 controller. It was working fine until yesterday. it does not show any I/O errors, but suddenly ALL (about 40) LED lights will constantly flash (about 2 flashes per second) for about 40 secs and then stop.

While flashing, functions of the machine get disabled. we have to turn the machine off and back on, boots normally and then in about 10 minutes, the flashing come back?

Has the controller gone bad? any ideas

Thanks

The BK2000 is not actually a controller, but merely "dumb" IO. The actually controller would be maybe a PC or a similar block of IO but with a CX???? device.

You could have 2 things wrong. The IO couple has a problem or the actual controller does. I guess there could be a third too where the program is intentionally flashing the lights.

First thing to check is the status of the I/O Run and I/O Error light on the BK2000