Tag Adresse in RSLogix

Oubax

Hi everyone,
I have program in ControlLogix 5561 PLC, and i need the tag adresse of some variables to put them in Wincc tag management.
The program tags and Controller tags tables have just (name, value, force mask, style, data type, description) but not adresse.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide

If you go into the tag editor ("Edit Tags" tab at bottom), there is a column for "Base Tag", that shows the actual hardware location to a tag assigned to I/O. ControlLogix PLCs are addressable by tagname, even by OPC.

Yes. ControlLogix PLC are tagname based. Internal tags only have a tagname. My experience bringing tags into WinCC is probablynot exactly what you need to do, but I'll explain what I had to do. In our facility win have WinCC HMIs, with PCS7 OS Servers, but our controller are older APACS+. We use DBA AS to OS compilation utility, and to bring my ControlLogix PLCs into WinCC, I have to create an AS Node, that is given some name, and points to a CSV file. That CSV file I've had to create through an editor that then has my ControlLogix tags in it. When DBA compiles it scans the CSV file. It creates the AS Objects, that can then be assigned in the Picture Tree(screens). There are some resources within the DBA help files that refer to the formatting of the CSV file. When setting up the AS Node, you have to set a connection as well, and this is where you'd point to your OPC Server. If this is sort of what you are doing, I could give you a sample CSV file that connects a ControlLogix PLC, maybe.

When I have connected RS500 based PLCs into WinCC, I then use the hardware bits/bytes/words to assign the AS Object.

ok give me your sample CSV i will try it, but is not simple just to put the tags names in "Allen Bradley E/IP Controllogix" Channel and Tags Adress and it should work fine like if you want to connect Wincc and Siemens-PLC using "SIMATIC S7 PROTOCOL SUITE".isn't it ?

I'm not entirely sure of your automation system's configuration/layout. In general HMIs created by an automation company, only communicate natively to their own automation products. In this case WinCC(Siemens) can talk natively to S7 controller. In order for these HMIs to communicate to other manufacturer PLCs and automation products you typically use an OPC server software. In our facility we use RSLinx Gateway as the OPC server. Unless those automation companies release a native communication driver, you'd use an OPC server. There are some HMI software that are not manufactured by Rockwell, that can talk natively to Rockwell products. In any case ControlLogix platforms use tag names for assigning data to the HMI. I'm not sure what other tools Siemens may have for importing OPC data into WinCC, so that you could bring the ControlLogix data from the PLC into your instance of WinCC. I'm thinking the CSV files I have, may not help you, as they were created specifically for Siemens DBA, to create OPC objects into WinCC for PCS7.

Thing #1: "Tags" on a Logix platform do NOT have an "Address". The Tagname IS the address.

Thing #2: Physical IO does have an "Adapter:Slot:Direction.Data" kind of address, but not in most cases.

Get an OPC Server that can handle ControlLogix tags, and be done with it.