fiber optic coupler

locotumbler

not exactly a programming question but we all have to get signals in some how eh?

so I have a department I built a controller for a tool I wanted to mount the fiber optic sensor amplifier on the tool and run the cable back to the box with a flange connection. the fiber optic leads are rather fragile on the japanese made sensors (keyence). they didn't want that so they asked me to mount it in the box.

They have clipped the fiber leads twice now and are asking me to make a quick connection for the fiber leads like have for all the other electrical and pnuematic connections. I asked Keyence and they stated they do not make a fiber coupler. I believe this. why make a $20-50 part that will make it so the customer doesn't need to buy the $200 fiber sensor.

So my question is this. Have any of you out there ever come across or use any kind of couple that can be connected and disconnected for fibers? I know for normal fiber communication perfect alignment is required. I am setting the limits on the fiber amp every time we set it up so any minor mis alignmnet would be remedied in that setup.

Thank you all for any time in this matter.