Stuck in Module Definition for Anybus - RSLogix 5000 V20.04

harryting

Lifetime Supporting Member
Well, this is another new one. I'm sure I done this exact procedure before and didn't have issues then but now I'm no Logix 5000 V20.04.

I'm adding a AnyBus protocol gateway on the IO configuration tree. Got the EDS installed and it shows up just fine in Adding Module but when on the page that opens up when one click on the [Change] Button under Module Definition in the General tab - It won't let me tab or click anywhere else when i tried to change the size. See the pic here. The only thing I can do is press ESC and get out there.

ideas? Search didn't turn up anything.

Anybus.png

Have you attempted to add a Generic Ethernet Module instead of going the EDS AOP route? EDS AOPs are known to be a bit "hit & miss", depending on the author. I'm sure there will be a guide for adding your gateway adapter using the Generic Ethernet Module option in RSLogix 5000/Logix Designer?

It would do you no harm to quote the exact model and catalog number of the product you are attempting to add. This may help us in finding you some more relevant information or indeed spark some other reader's memory into life.

Regards,
George

HMS told me it was a bug in logix and v25 has it fixed

I personally edited the EDS file and reimported it to suit my io size