Motorola ACE1000

Murphy243

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone out there have any experience programming these RTU's with ladder (codesys)?

We have a guy that does our programming in C, but its that hard to get him to make a change to his code, we want to start programming these ourselves. There is no lack of PLC programming experience in our team but we cannot figure out how to interface with the rs232/485 ports (using modbus) from the ladder.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I've done lots with the ACE3600 but not the 1000. Do you have any programming software? I am reading that Motorola released ACE1000 software last July. The 3600s use STS (system tools suite). I'd like to know more about the 1000s myself.

Hey, yea have all the software. Have also done alot with the ace3600 and also moscad-m. I can do the programming for the ace1000 but we use them to talk to modbus devices via serial and just cant figure out how to configure this on the 1000

Have you done this with the 3600? I'm thinking it should be very similar, but then again I don't know if the 1000 programs at all like the 3600. Is there a "Third Party Protocols" manual for the 1000 that explains the set-up, like the 3600 has? Does the 1000 software for ladder look and feel like the 3600? Very curious as I was considering using some 1000s on a project.

the ace 1000 is similar to the moscad-m with configuration in sts. you download the applications etc from sts but the ladder itself is done with codesys so is completly different to the 3600, if the ladder was done with sts application manager it would probably be similar but as it is third party software we just don't know how to configure it.

Dont know about the Third Party Protocols manual as havent looked for one yet.

We have the 1000 running fine with the C program in it but as i mentioned earlier we want to be able to write our own programs in ladder

Are you planning on using the serial for you project or just using the i/o?

Codesys. That's all I needed to hear. I'll stick with the 3600.
I've been considering dropping Motorola altogether because of the refusal of tech support to assist integrators directly.:cry:
Yes, I do communicate serially for Modbus and DF1.

ACE1000 and Modbus

A belated response.

We have about 30 ACE1000 RTU's, and I have programmed them in CODESYS.
I have only used Function Block, which works fine.
You need ACE1000lib 3.5.5.0 for CODESYS, and firmware 2.01-47 for the ACE1000 CPU to be able to access the whole of the user tables. The previous version can only access the first column.
There are no API's for Modbus access with this version, only DNP3.

Watch the youtube video Webinar for ACE1000 Codesys IEC61131-3 APIs and Example Application by Motorola :- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usZ457FUG2I

This shows an example using ACE1000lib 3.5.6.0, and I assume an accompanying ACE1000 firmware, both of which haven't been released yet.
The video shows Modbus API's.

I have been told that for the later library, you also need a codesys licence installed on the ACE1000.

Hope that helps.

Mr Lobster