Siemens simatic H1 driver

nriver

So i purhased the simatic software to configure a communication with an old S5 PLC to use with wonderware fsgateway.

The problem is that i cant find the option to configure the communication with a non ip device such as this in the communication configuration program.

Tried to look a bit online and saw that it can be configured by using COML TF which should be installed in the Simatic Net folder. But for some reason i dont have it.

Anyone had an experience with such configuration before?

Any help will be much appreciated.

So i purhased the simatic software to configure a communication with an old S5 PLC to use with wonderware fsgateway.

The problem is that i cant find the option to configure the communication with a non ip device such as this in the communication configuration program.

Tried to look a bit online and saw that it can be configured by using COML TF which should be installed in the Simatic Net folder. But for some reason i dont have it.

Anyone had an experience with such configuration before?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Hello

As far as I know COML TF came with onder version from simatic net like 2005 and simatic 2006. In the newer verslons of simatic net it is not availible.

Kind regards
Henny

Meaning that the newer version of the h1 driver doesnt have the feature of connecting to none IP devices suh as S5 or that this option was just renamed. Anyway i went through all the options that came with the software and i am completely clueless to where and how the connection should be configured.

Hello

Atached is a screenshot from a windows XP pc that has a Siemens CP1613 pci card installed and is running simatic net 2006 and COML TF.

Our TI plc,s had a CP1434 TF H1 module installed that was needed for communication between TI and Siemens S5/S7 plc,s, communication between TI plc,s and communication between TI plc,s and Scada system(wizcon). Scada system had a H1 driver for communication with TI and Siemens S5 plc,s and the ethernet cards in the scada computers where standard ethernet cards.

With the windows XP system the TI plc,s where programmed and connection between that pc and the TI plc,s where routed over the H1 modules and therefore COML TF was needed to configure TF services. These services also had to be configured on the HI modules but that was another software tool called "505-H1 configurator". with this software you had to configure all the connections to scada systems and between the plc,s and afterwards download it to the H1 modules.

This would mean that your pc system running the wonderware software has a CP1613 pci card installed?

I,mm pretty sure that siemens dropped this software in newer versions of simatic net.
The newer versions of simatic net have a driver for the CP1613 card so it can be used to function as a standard ethernet card in a system that runs for example windows 7 64 bit but the a CP 1613 is a expensive option.

See also this link on a siemens forum
https://support.industry.siemens.com/tf/ww/en/posts/simatic-net-tf-1613/35963/?page=0&pageSize=10

Another option could be to use a OPC server for H1 communicaton on S5 system
http://industrial.softing.com/en/pr...l-support-for-ethernet-tcpip-former-inat.html

And the most expensive solution is to put a Tcp card in the S5 system:
http://industrial.softing.com/en/pr...s5/s5-tcpip-100-turbo-ethernet-interface.html

On the windows XP machine with CP1613 card the configuration worked well. But be aware that if you are able to install the CP1613 card for example in a windows 7 system and on that system running a VM session of such a windows xp machine then it won,t work.

I,m sorry that I can,t help you any further.

Kind regards
Henny

COML_TF.jpg