EDS and device net download all EDS files at once?

jasil

New computer......how can I download the 200 different EDS files I have at one time versus registering each device individually....which would take forever.

Rs networx 11

RSNetworx 11 stores the EDS files all in the RSCommon/EDS directory, but also registers them with Windows.

The best way to migrate all your EDS files from one computer to another is to:

1. Copy the contents of the C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSCommon\EDS directory on the old computer to another temporary directory on the new computer.

DO NOT put these files directly into the RSCommon/EDS folder on the new computer !

2. Run the RSLinx EDS Hardware Installation Tool (Start-> Programs-> Rockwell Software->RSLinx Classic->Tools).

3. When you do the "Add" function, you can select to register a whole Directory of EDS files. Point the utility to the storage folder where you've put the EDS files.

I cannot emphasize enough that you absolutely DO NOT want to manually put files into the RSCommon/EDS directory.

I'm told that RSLinx Classic 3.x changed the way EDS files are stored and registered, and I'm unfamiliar with those details. Because you're using RSNetworx 11, you're probably using RSLinx Classic 2.5x and these directions are appropriate.