Micrologix 1100 PID output limiting

dginbuffalo

Hello all,

I don't get the chance to use the Micrologix much anymore and have a question about PID output limiting. I am limiting in the PID, the low CV to 66%. This is a minimum speed a vacuum pump can run at. When i go to auto, it "appears" the PID takes awhile to respond. My guess is it's building up it's output to 66% and then surpassing. Is this a logical guess? I am considering one shotting 66% into the CV when i initially turn the PID to auto. Any suggestions?

You need to set the "output Limit bit" (PD??:?/OL)

Then the output will never go lower then your 66% value.

If you need it to go lower then other logic will have to be written to lower the value, say in manual mode.

See pdf

Thanks guys- I probably wasn't real clear in my original post. I am limiting to 66% and have output limit bit turned on. It seems though, when the PID is in manual and I turn it to auto while "way" under setpoint, it doesn't do anything for 40-60 seconds, and then it climbs above the 66% point. I would think when switched to auto, it would immediately start climbing above 66% since that's the low limit?

I would try using the bias and setting it to 66% just so you don't need to wait for the integrator to wind up.

Thanks Peter- I may try that. I was one shotting the CV to 10,812 (66% of 16,383) when the PID switches to Auto. It seemed to work in the shop but of course, the customer says it's not in the field... :(