EDS files

Max4507

Hi all,

I have a problem with the 1734- OB8S card. I need major revision 2.002 and one that is installed in RSNetworx ( v11 ) is 2.001 . I downloaded the latest version of the EDS and installs, but I still have the rev 2.001.

What I have to do?

I need it only because the I/O module is 2.002.. and I wan't to clear the fault in RsNetworx.

Otherwise, I do not know why I need it too.

Thanks for your help, I'll try this on monday !

What exact "fault" are you seeing in RSNetworx ?

In general, the minor revision is ignored when matching EDS files to devices on the network in RSNetworx.

It might be different with Safety modules, but in general those are configured in the editing software (like RSLogix 5000) for the controller, not in RSNetworx.

You're right it's not a "fault" , it is only the state. I can not monitor the component because the configuration is not the same .

From what I understand , is that I could transfer the 2.001 version in the card?

Also, I have a communication problem between the cards . I use 6 IB8S and 5 OB8S with two 1734- PDN , when I put the power on , only the four first cards are visible on the network devicenet . To make visible the other cards , I have to remove 2 entry cards and return them , then I see the 11 cards.

I tried to solve the problem with the tech support during 4 hours of time , but without success. I also tried with my dealer , but he too was unable .

So now , I look at all possible sources of problems.