RSLogix 500 hates Skype?

Aabeck

I just encountered a problem trying to do online edits in RSLogix 500, ver 9, that continually crashed RSLogix & it closed. Then it started to crash when I right-clicked on an instruction and tried to click Find All, and it closed. At the time I had Skype open on another monitor. When I re-opened RSL500 it would crash whenever it wanted.

After I closed Skype everything worked fine - online edits, searches, etc.

Then I reopened Skype and RSL500 crashed every time I tried to do anything online.

Has anybody else had this happen to them?

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (with every Windows Update)
Skype ver 7.18.0.109 (which is the latest)

Maybe RSLogix500 is more of a "FACETIME" fan.

Sorry, couldn't resist, don't mean to be a smarta$$,
I have channel fever, will be off this tub in 24 hours,
I can taste the beer already. 🍺

BCS

Completely agree with BCS that a beer with friends is better than skyping.

Did you check the compatibility chart for RSL500?

v9 is not compatible with Win8. v9.05 is compatible with some of the Win8 releases. RA tell nothing about Win10. Maybe this is the problem, quit skype and go for a beer.
Cheers!

Actually.....I am laying over in Seattle for 2 days on my way home to interview with another company.
If we can come to an understanding on pay and bennies then I am going to jump ship and Bubba-Darryl can figure it out on his own.

If any of you local guys in Seattle want to grab a beer Monday or Tuesday drop me an email....I am buying.

beringcsparky at me dot com

BCS

I run all the RSLogix's (5, 500 & 5000) on 3 Windows 10 Pro desktops & a 10 Home laptop.

The only issue I have ever had was updating to the newest Factory Talk update, then I had a lot of issues until I uninstalled FT & reinstalled it using the latest RSL5000 installation.

BCS,
good luck in Seattle. Then keep in touch with someone on the ship to be updated on how Bubba-Darryl matures - or loses it.

BCS,
good luck in Seattle. Then keep in touch with someone on the ship to be updated on how Bubba-Darryl matures - or loses it.

He is older than I am.......in his mid 50's with "35 years experience" :confused:

I think he has probably matured all he is going to by now. :rolleyes:

T-20 hours to BEER 30. 🍺

BCS