Connect Rslogix 500 Emulator to hmi

nriver

Hi everyone.
For my work area i am trying to set up two comouters.
First computer runs ignition hmi
The second one runs rslinx, rslogix and rsemulate 500.

I have already configured the emulated plc and sucessfuly ran my project.

Now i am trying to access it as a device through my HMI and for that i need to assign IP address for the emulated driver. (That way ignition can browse the tags in the emulated plc)

Is it possible to do?

In case not is it possible to connect it to the topic that is pointing to my emulaed driver through rslinx?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I would just switch to Softlogix instead, then you can add an ethernet adaptor to the softlogix chassis and connect to Ignition as you would any other hardware controller.

For Emulate, you would have to setup an OPC topic in RSLinx (assume it's not the 'lite' version), then try and configure Ignition to get data from the RSLinx OPC Server instead of it's own driver. I've never it up like that for Ignition, found Softlogix to be a better platform.

However, depending on what firmware version you are using Softlogix may not be available.

I have rslinx classic and i created a topic name "PLC" and applied it to my emulated plc. But for some reason when i type in ignition PLC as the progid it doesnt connect. I feel like i am missing something very simple here.