Panelview 300

stvsas

I need help. I have a panelview 300 (2711-K3A5L1), RS Linx Lite version 2.2, Panelbuilder version 3.7, and cable 2711-NC13. No matter what I dnot communicate with the HMI. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

I dont work with PV often but I believe it works better if RSLinx isnt used....ie doesnt need it. RSLinx has a tendency to dominate the com port.

The 'A5' speaks the DH-485 protocol on RS232. Make sure that all other modes are turned off then select the 1747-PIC (yes I know you aren't using one but trust me). Accept the defaults then try again. If this doesn't work it may be that the RS232 port has been set up as a printer port. You may be able to enter the configuration by simultaneously pressing both the left and right arrows for a few seconds. Look at the condition of that port and turn of 'printer' if it is turned on. Then retry. I hope at least one of these help.

When you created the application did you click Catalog and revisions and chose the correct model? You can goto Application settings then click on Terminal setup to verify its listing the A5.

The cable seems appropriate. An issue I had once was in the PV communication setup, baud rate etc didnt match.
Code:
The Configuration Mode menu appears on powerup if an application is not loaded or if the menu was last displayed prior to a reset or power down.
To access Configuration Mode on keypad terminals:•If an application is running, simultaneously press the Left and Right arrow keys on the terminal keypad. To access Configuration Mode on touch screen terminals:•press the GoTo Config. Screen button on application screen or•press the filled box in the lower right corner of the screen during powerup.
TIP If the Left or Right arrow keys on the PanelView 300 Micro are assigned as function keys, you must use the GoTo Config. Screen button.

Also may want to verify the correct com port is being used for communication.

bernie: you were right on with the pic. Now my laptop sees the pv but the pv gives me error 612 no active nodes on network. The laptop sees the pv, but the pv does not see the laptop. Is there something I should do with the pv. Perhaps I should mention that I want to upload the app from the pv before I download anything. I have tried pressing the right and left arrows simultaneously. Is there anything else? TIA stv

I'm glad the DH-485 stuff helped. Since the laptop 'sees' the PV go ahead and try an upload. Actually I've never uploaded from a PV so I can't give you any advice there. Don't worry about the PV message unless you see it when it's hooked to a PLC speaking DH-485. I don't think it matters when it only has a PC attached to its port.

And ignore the stuff I wrote about the possibility of the port being set as a printer. I now see that in this model there is no possiblility of that as the printer port is always a printer port.

Hi stvsas, if you can now see the PV in Linx you're pretty much there with what you want to do. Regards the upload, all you need to do is select the upload option within 'Panelbuilder' and set the destination directory. It's been a while since i did one, but i'm sure by default it will pull the file up as a .pva type, where the native panelbuild file is a .pba type. It shouldn't be an issue though, you just need to save as a .pba!

As Bernie rightly said, you will see various errors on the pv until you hook it up to a workimg PLC (obviously need to set the PLC port to the same protocol and baud rate etc as the pv).

Regards,

Rob. :)

I use that quite a bit, and sometimes it is a pain. When I have a comm problem, I reboot and run rslinx alone. Go to the drivers settings and autoconigure. That should set up your link, I use the CH0 Micrologix setting. Then go in and run panelbuilder.
-tommy23t