Vijeo Designer 5.2 and Vijeo Citect

dmned64

I have a customer planning to use Vijeo Citect for their HMI machines. What is the development software required for creating Citect applications?

I have Vijeo Designer 5.2 which I wonder if this is the development software used to Vijeo Citect projects.

Regards,
Dean

Not familiar with Vijeo Designer, a quick look shows that it is for programming the Magelis HMI by Schneider. We are running CitectSCADA v7.40 on two servers and 13 Workstations (really the same product as Vijeo Citect). The software that allows you to run the HMIs on these workstations also includes all the 'Development' applications that are needed. This includes communication configuration, graphics, trending, database management (via an Excel plug-in), and project backup/restore. It's all provided together, no separate "Online" and "Offline Development" applications to buy. I would check out the Quick Start Tutorial here: http://www.citect.schneider-electric.com/scada/citectscada/find-answers/quickstart-tutorial
In about an hour, you can get this Demo project running, and it will give you a lot of answers.

That's what I thought but I am having trouble reaching a distributor for Citect to confirm and also get a quote for the software. As an integrator I don't need a runtime version just a development or builder version.

Just called them. Very helpful. It seems the development software is "free" in the sense that you can build an application but when testing it runs in a demo mode for a set amount of time. There is also an integrator key that seems to apply for what I might need. With that key you get product support and unlimited runtime mode.

Yes, they have been very good to us over the past 9 years since we started using Citect. They helped me out a lot with temporary licenses when we were transitioning to new server and workstation hardware. We have four sites using v7.40, my site has a 5000 tag license. I actually have about 11,000 tags in the system, but their license is "Dynamic Point Count", only the tags that are being displayed (and some others) are counted, so my dynamic count seldom goes above 2500. Glad to help out!