Orifice differential

Theboss

Good day,
Orifice details d=92.36mm, max flow rate =120m3/hr, max diff =0-100mm wg. And my dp cell is calibrated to 0-25kpa. Is this correct cos converting 100mm wg gives me 0.98pka

The DPs range of 0 - 25kPa is about 0 - 2550mm wg

You need a range of 0 to 100mm wg

The range of your differential pressure flow meter needs a turndown of 25:1; 2550/100 = ~ 25. Not all DPs can do that.

If the DP can be ranged to 0-1.0 kPa, then it should work.

Dan is absolutely correct. Most flow meter/DP transmitters have about a ten to one turn down.

Frankly I would just go ahead and buy a new transmitter. It will be less expensive in the long than all the screwing around you will have to do to get questionable results from the existing transmitter.

thnx dan and tom. the calibration and orifice details just dont make sense. thank you for clearing that up. cheers and god bless.