Repair of Siemens MP277

orense

Hi,

I am currently in a plant in Louisiana, USA where we have a damaged INOX MP277. It is the touch function that has gone bad, but except from that the panel is working. If I plug a mouse through the USB port, then the panel will work as normal without the touch function.

Do any of you know if there are any offices or similar from Siemens in USA that can have these panels repaired and overhauled, since the panel is not completely damaged?
Would be nice to have as a spare...

Thanks !

I would look for a local company that repairs control equipment. It will probably be cheaper and faster then letting Siemens repair it.

As far as I know, PLC/HMI repairs have to go back to Germany. Regardless, it aint cheap to have Siemens do it, and it takes forever.

If there's someone local who can do it, go for it. Assuming you trust them, at least. I wouldn't give it to Jimmy's iPhone fixit shop...

There must be companies in the US that are specialized in fixing plc's/hmi's/drivers etc. In a small company like the Netherlands I can name at least 2 who do this (jc-electronics, Unis group). With the same quality as Siemens would do it.

I am a repair tech at Radwell(PLC Center) in Canada and our HMI repair guy is very good with these type of repairs and says they can be repaired very easily. We have locations in USA and UK. check out the link that OKiePC posted!