rockwell license

Ok so we have only compact logix controllers where i work and i have a standard rslogix 5000 license. Some of the programs have structured text routines for our server push down values and since i dont have the add on st editor i cant look at them. The company dosnt want to buy any more licenses at this time so could i swap my full license for the rslogix 5000 mini that has structured text editor and function block for compact logix?

Normally you can use the step forward program to do this and your current software must be under active support and you have to turn in the serial number and it will be removed from support.

The price you pay is the difference between the 2 packages in today's pricing(not what you purchased it for) plus a $200.00 fee (this fee may have gone up since i did it last)

But the mini version does not edit ST only upload and download. See the link below.

I am not a huge fan of all these versions and options. The idea is to be granular and save cost to the customer to get a sale but if they only had 1 version they could be more profitable because the resources to manage all these options eat into the profits to be more than doing it this way is worth but everyone has their own way of doing business.

The business model just does not make sense for this kind of software and it's application IMHO. Sort of like the Node locked and concurrent activation thing they have but they are trying to get rid of that and only have concurrent.

http://www.ab.com/en/epub/catalogs/12762/2181376/2416247/360807/1837528/tab2.html

The nice thing about the MLP (multi-language pack) is that it exist as a separate license. I put it on a licensing server and all my regular RSLogix 5000 license people can share them. We got something like 5 or 6 copy of Full version but I only bought 2 MLP and it was enough to be shared.

The nice thing about the MLP (multi-language pack) is that it exist as a separate license. I put it on a licensing server and all my regular RSLogix 5000 license people can share them. We got something like 5 or 6 copy of Full version but I only bought 2 MLP and it was enough to be shared.

Even though it works I don't think that is legal usage. You may not want to voice that any further in an open forum.

Even though it works I don't think that is legal usage. You may not want to voice that any further in an open forum.
Why wouldn't it be? it's a separate license, separate serial #, and shows up as a separate product in license manager. All new licenses are con-current anyway, not node locked.

eta: maybe I didn't make it clear. Only two MLP option can be used at the same time. The FT license server handles it.

Last edited:
As far as I know, there is no migration path from Standard to Lite.
You need to order ST language license or Multilanguage pack mentioned above.