Mettler Toledo IND780 Bulk Weigh Integration

CurtisPratt

Anyone have any experience integrating these bulk weighers to another control system??

I have a Red Lion HMI and a Schneider M580 PLC, the IND 780 comes equipped with a ML1100.

I would like to R/W some variables but have not been successful in setting up communications between my HMI and the IND780.

The IND780, Red Lion and M580 all have Ethernet I/P.

The ML1100 talks directly to the IND780 over Ethernet. There is an ethernet port on the back of the ML580 as well. I think this is for plugging into a network to connect maybe some kinda SQL server or database to extract data.

I want to connect with my Red Lion or M580 to extract some variables.

I've looked through that manual as well as a couple of other manuals but have not been able to make any headway on this. (n)

Programs, hardware, software, got it all, just not the know-how.

I have done a number of projects setting up machines to pull data from other machines.

I just don't know how to map data, have no register table, etc for this particular unit.

Use ethernet/ip if you can. We had a whole bunch of IND131 that we had never ending problems with on Modbus 485. We had the Mettler brains on it, and it was never fixed. We could replicate the network faults on a test bench with just 2 slaves and a master. They are terrible. All Mettler could theories was a software or hardware issue with the indicators. So they helped us swing it over to ethernet/ip and it has been running excellent ever since.