plc (omron) to pc

leineme

hi
i have two questions :
-i have this code in c# in order to connect to a plc using fins in c# i keep getting this error (192.168.250.1 : 9600 can't be reached) is there any configuration shoud be done on my plc or what ?

-using c# is there anyother protocol ? omron can't communicate using modbus .

thanks

Omron PLC's usually default on the serial device to 9600, E, 7, 2. The default unit number is 0.
What is the model number of the PLC that you are trying to communicate? How are you communicating?

Sysmac Way (Host Link) is another method to communicate serially with the Omron controllers.
Here are two links written in VB and VBA, but you should be able to do this also in C#.

http://accautomation.ca/how-to-implement-the-omron-plc-host-link-protocol/

http://accautomation.ca/how-to-implement-the-omron-host-link-protocol-part-2-vba/

Regards,

hi thanks for the replay

i am working on CJ2M , and i am using ethernet cable from my pc to my plc
it's only have (a usb port and ethernet port ) i wanted to do the MODbus but there's no port for the RS .

-i am new to the plc universe what's (E, 7, 2. The default unit number is 0.) means ?

Last edited:
You have to set the Ethernet port up for Modbus TCP with a function block that is free from Omron.

no , using TCP , i confirmed it's supported by OMRON CJ2M
When using FINS over TCP, you need to initially send a 20 byte sequence to initiate the communications. It starts with these values:

46h
49h
4Eh
53h
0Ch

Are you sending that sequence?

Not to steer you off your objective, but one thing you can do is try AdvancedHMI which has some proven .NET Omron drivers. This would only take about 2 minutes and could at least prove your connection. This is all you would need to do:

- Download and extract the AdvancedHMI solution
- Open in Visual Studio and perform a Build
- From the ToolBox add an OmronEthernetFINSCom driver
- Set the IP Address
- Add a BasicLabel to the form
- Set PLCAddressValue to D0
- Run the application

Within a couple seconds your BasicLabel should change to the value of your D0 register

In my first response, I was thinking that you were communicating serial not Ethernet. 9600 baud even parity 7 data bits and 2 stop bits. (9600, E, 7, 2)

Omron can communicate Modbus TCP Master or Client on the Ethernet port. As BobB mentioned above the link can be found below for the zip file.

https://www.myomron.com/index.php?action=kb&article=1245

Additionally you can add a CP1W_MODTCP61 modal to the CPU for the same functionality.
http://www.support-omron.fr/pdf/CP1W_MODTCP61_manual_en_201111.pdf

I would also look at AdvancedHMI like Archie mentioned. Drivers have already been make for you in the visual studio environment. (FINs Commands / Modbus TCP)

Regards,

@Archi : thanks for the replay , it was a omron configuration issue (the node ect ) now i am able to connect without issue .

what's that : 46h
49h
4Eh
53h
0Ch
?

See section 7-4-2 in the Omron manual W421-E1-04

I have found that communication will still work if you do not send that command, but it will take 5-10 seconds for the first response.

The AdvancedHMI Omron drivers default to UDP because more processors support it and UDP does not require that initial command to start communications.